Scientist/Senior Scientist (Immunology)
AnTolRx, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Scientist/Senior Scientist to join its research team in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate has a strong background in evaluation of therapeutics for autoimmune diseases, is a self-starter, and is looking to make a significant impact on our cross- disciplinary team. The candidate would be responsible for designing, executing, analyzing, and presenting experimental results to drive program discovery and development. Candidates with immunology or liposome backgrounds are strongly preferred.
AnTolRx was founded in 2016 based upon work by Associate Professor Francisco Quintana at Brighamand Women’s Hospital as outlined in the paper “Tolerogenic nanoparticles inhibit T cell-mediated autoimmunity through SOCS2. Science Signaling 2016 June 21;9(433):ra61.”
- Designing and executing experiments to evaluate immune responses to various antigen and adjuvant combinations.
- Experience with mouse work in models of autoimmunity.
- Developing assays to assess mechanisms of action for our delivery platforms
- Experience with small molecule pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies a plus
- Strong communication skills to present findings internally and externally
- Highly productive and comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Collaborative and able to lead projects
- Ph.D. in Immunology/ Biology or related discipline
- Hands on experience with pre-clinical animal models
- Familiarity with pre-clinical drug development a plus
Scientist/Senior Scientist (Analytical Development)
AnTolRx, Inc., is seeking a highly motivated scientist who will provide analytical support for ongoing programs at the company. The successful candidate will be expected to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and develop analytical methods for quantifying small molecules, peptides and proteins to support the formulation platform.
- Internal resource for all analytical activities at AnTolRx, Inc.
- Develop methods for HPLC and provide technical expertise for LC-MS based methods performed either in-house or externally
- Analytical method development for small molecules, proteins and peptides
- Communicate with third parties (CROs/CDMOs/vendors) for analytical activities and tech transfer of protocols
- Purchase and maintain analytical equipment (HPLC, columns, reagents etc)
- Ensure that appropriate, state-of-the-art analytical technologies and methods are employed for the assessment of formulations
- Develop protocols and SOPs for analytical methods
- Accurate and detailed record keeping of experiments using ELN
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering or related science; with 2 to 3 years experience
- Hands-on experience with HPLC method development for small molecules, proteins and peptides
- Expertise in the use of analytical methods such as HPLC, TLC, LC/MS etc. for formulation analysis.
- Experience in analysis of lipid-based delivery systems preferred. NMR experience preferred but not required.
- UV/wet chemistry based techniques for analysis of small molecules and lipids
- Strong background in chemistry and bioconjugation methods
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to maintain records of experiments
- The successful applicant must be adaptable, and be able to deliver results quickly and efficiently in a fast-moving, non-GLP research environment
- Able to work independently and collaborate with colleagues effectively.